God's Word for Today

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Prayer Shawl Ministry update 10-16-10

Good day to all.  And…it is a very lovely day indeed.  The sun is shining brightly reminding me that the Son is shining in all our lives even brighter.  That is so obvious when we look at the work of our hands.  Jesus math is continuing as we seem to be blessed richly with donations this week. 

First, let me say how much I missed seeing everyone on Wednesday.  I was driving to and from Nashville to retrieve Emily for a weekend home.  It was a long ride, but well worth it all.  I must say that God was certainly present in the minivan as He made me oh so starving somewhere in North Georgia short of Chattanooga.  I got off an exit because I saw a Panera sign.  Little did I know it was 5 miles away from the exit.  As I was wondering why in the world I was going so far out of my way for a bowl of soup, I figured there had to be a reason and just gave in to the desire to have veggie soup.  WELL…. Of course God was behind it all as I found out after that by getting off there I was able to take some side road that avoided all of Chattanooga which was totally under construction.  It would have been a minimum of a two hour delay.  On the way home I actually passed the delay while flying 60 miles an hour in the other direction.  GOD IS GREAT, even better than a Garmin or Tom Tom GPS system.  He understands the value of spending time with your child instead of fighting the details of the schedule you had set for yourself. 

Donations this week were plentiful.  Ellen brought in a donation of Red Heart and Caron Simply Soft yarns.  Mills brought in two large boxes of yarn from our dear sister Carolyn.  She is our SC member who knits beautiful shawls.  She sent the left over yarns from her shawls.  Kathy donated some gorgeous fall colored Red Heart yarn.

Nancy brought in two shawls she made, Zena finished three (one of which was made specifically for Loretta to deliver), Barbara brought in a gold and white shawl, Becky turned in two shawls made from the peach colored Caron yarn, Dorothy made one for a UT Volunteer fan (bright orange!) or anyone who needs “just a touch” of orange in their life as my Uncle Herbert used to say, and Beverly turned in two boucle shawls plus several which needed some finishing TLC before they were ready for sharing.  There is such an abundance that the downstairs closet is full and the upstairs closet has some extra items.  Thanks to everyone for your contributions. No contribution is too small to count and no donation is ever unnecessary. Each skein of yarn represents hope to someone, each item represents comfort and might be the thing that helps an individual hang on to the love of God. 

We are so proud of our Jeremy.  He is the son of our Facilities Director who works diligently to maintain our beautiful church building.  Jeremy has been so persistent in learning how to crochet and wants to be with us each Wednesday.  He is the sweetest young boy and I hope you get to meet him soon if you have not already done so. 

You all are so precious to me and I am praying that each of you is doing well.  Let us know if you need deliveries of yarn to make items at home, or delivery of items to folks we are not yet aware of.  If you get a hankering or a coupon and decide to purchase any yarns, we can pick them up from you if you want us to make a shawl for someone or just for the common closet. 

Let God guide your decisions, let Him fill you with His wisdom and kindness, and follow your heart into the arms of Jesus daily.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by "Wednesday's in the Parlor"

We love comments!

Blessings and "Bless Your Heart!" from everyone in the parlor!