God's Word for Today

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Prayer Shawl Ministry in Action

I received this email this morning. I have abbreviated the names down to their initials to protect the privacy of the individuals involved but this is the perfect example of the body of Chris at work.


I just got a call from A. B. and he let me know that Mrs. E. E., who was the older lady beaten so badly in a home invasion recently has passed away. A fellow officer that A.B. serves with on the police force wanted to let us know that the prayer shawl A. B. gave her has been with her since the day he brought it to her and she will be buried with it. The family was so deeply touched by this gift of grace and prayer for someone we did not even know that they wanted us to be aware of their gratitude. I told Alan that I would pass this along to you ladies. This is why we do what we do each day, isn’t it?

Love,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by "Wednesday's in the Parlor"

We love comments!

Blessings and "Bless Your Heart!" from everyone in the parlor!