God's Word for Today

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Weekly Yarn - Ash Wednesday, February 17th

Even though there wasn’t a meeting this week, God still provides opportunities for the Prayer Shawl Ministry to work.  Prayer Cloths were placed on the altar rail prior to the Ash Wednesday service, and individuals were allowed to take one after they received the ashes if they chose.  Approximately 2/3 of the Prayer Cloths left the altar rail for a new home!

Two Prayer Shawls and a Prayer Cloth were turned into the Church Office earlier in the week.  Thank you so much, Melanie, for bringing the completed items to the office.  We’ve missed you and hope to see you soon.

Special Prayer Request:  Dana has requested special prayers, and a note to her mother if you feel led to do so.  This is her request:

My mother’s biopsy results came in today and confirmed that she indeed does have breast cancer.  This is her third round with cancer as she has successfully battled breast cancer and lung cancer before.  She will be seeing a surgeon on Thursday at 1pm and I will update you on any progress.  I will need to go up to NJ sometime in March, but not sure when yet.  I would ask for your prayers for her well being and also will ask for those of you who are good with letters of encouragement to please send her a note.  I did this once before and it really lifted her spirits to know that people were concerned about her.  She is so negative about the church but loves to get these cards, so I am considering it a witnessing and get well tool at the same time!  If you would care to (please don’t feel obligated) you may send her a note at:

Erin is in need of additional prayers at this time also.  Please keep her in your prayers.  She has received a Prayer Shawl and Chemo Cap.  Dana is going to deliver a Prayer Cloth too.

Prayer Shawls Needed:  I met with Sheri yesterday regarding individuals in need of  Prayer Shawls, and there are nine (9) individuals God has selected to receive Prayer Shawls.  Please let me know if you can help with the delivery of any of these items.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your faithfulness, hard work, and willingness to be God’s hands and feet for the Prayer Shawl Ministry.

Love and blessings,

Beverly

“I have chosen you and will not throw you away.  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by "Wednesday's in the Parlor"

We love comments!

Blessings and "Bless Your Heart!" from everyone in the parlor!