God's Word for Today

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekly Yarn – February 3, 2010

IMG_0418

IMG_0422

I missed the meeting on Wednesday evening, but there are always a couple of items to send out.  In the meantime, this is the story of the meeting as I heard it! 

IMG_0425  

“The meeting went very well. Helon and Jane brought a friend.  Jane's husband brought boxes and boxes of new pattern books....only opened up four or five of them.  Dana sorted and reorganized our stash. She also "encouraged" Zena to take several extra skeins to work on...We added five shawls to the cabinet, and only three had gone to new homes since the last meeting.  It was a lively group.” 

Great job, ladies.  God works through you all the time!

IMG_0419

February 21st:  February 21st is the next Communion Sunday.  Please let me know if you can arrange the Prayer Shawls at 9:15 for the 9:30 service, at 10:45 for the 11:00 service, and fold and put away at 12:15.  Thanks for your help.

 IMG_0420  

Bible Verses: Yes, this was in the e-mail last week.  There haven’t been very many replies and I want to give everyone an opportunity to vote on the verse they prefer.  If you have already replied, thank you.  If not, and you wish to voice an opinion, please let me know.

IMG_0423 

There is a crystal bowl in the Upper Room, on the right just as you enter the chapel.  The bowl holds Prayer Cloths for individuals to take with them if they choose, after a service or a meeting with Steven Ministers.  The bowl will be etched with one of the following three Bible Verses. 

IMG_0417

IMG_0421

Isaiah 41:13 (New International Version)

13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not    fear; I will help you.

Ephesians 3:20 (New International Version)

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

John 14:27 (New International Version)

27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Please select one of the three, and let me know your preference by February 13th.

Love and blessings,

Beverly

I am God, and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me.” Isaiah 46:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by "Wednesday's in the Parlor"

We love comments!

Blessings and "Bless Your Heart!" from everyone in the parlor!