God's Word for Today

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

PSM update 5-18-11

Greeting to all!  We had another incredible evening for the ministry.  Barb Conner came by with several triangular shawls for Costa Rica.  Nancy dropped several off, but left after.  We hope you feel better soon Nancy!  Dorothy made a “bikini” shawl.  Don’t let the name fool you, it is totally appropriate to wear – just made from a mix of colors with that name.  it is awesome!  Zena, Beverly, Loretta and myself all worked on some items for this weekend as well as Costa Rica.  Mills stopped by with shawls from Martha and Carolyn.  Let me just say…the crocheted shawl that Martha made did not make it 5 minutes before it was taken for someone in need.  Good work Martha!  See crochet isn’t so bad after all.  We even had a special guest, Sarah Solty, come pray with us.  We are honored to have new guests, even for one evening.  If you were not there, you were truly missed.  We notice when you are gone and pray for you to return to us.  It was wonderful to have Lenore stop in for a visit.

This summer, I would like to make an informal offer to have a daytime prayer shawl ministry meeting.  I am taking suggestions on days of the week and will come up with a majority decision, so send that info in to me.  This would be a great time to invite someone who cannot drive at night or may be a school teacher and cannot make it during the school year.  We will not have childcare, but we welcome children.  Please respond within a week.  We will continue our evening meetings but will adjust the schedule some.  We will take the week of camp meeting off (third week of July)  If other changes are made, you will get plenty of notice. 

Barry will be counting the Costa Rica shawls tomorrow and give us a firm count on them.  We believe we are over half way on this project.  Great work everyone and thank you so much for all the extra effort.  God will be glorified and many people blessed through this amazing project. Keep them coming.

Attached is a crochet pattern for one skein triangular shawl made with simply soft.  I might have to try it out this week since it looks so good, and fast.  Do the knitters need easy patterns?  Let me know and I will be looking for good new ones.

Another thing to think about… I would love to have a one day crochet workshop on a Saturday.  We can meet at the church if I can get permission, or we can meet out in the community or in someone’s home.  I am happy to offer mine unless you are allergic to cats.  We have 3 indoor cats.  I would love to pull down some of the unfinished projects from the back of the closet and get those taken care of.  We can use folks to come and just edge off projects, or tuck in loose pieces, or join squares, etc.  We can all have lunch together and just enjoy the day.  Anyone up for that?  if so, please let me know if you would be able to attend on a Saturday and which one might be better for you in June or July.  If we don’t plan it now, it won’t happen.

Communion is Sunday and I still need some volunteers to give 15 minutes of time before or after services.  Truly it is not that time consuming, but many hands make it less stressful on everyone.  I have had two folks volunteer to help.  Are there any others please?  I will be there around 730am to sort out and set out the shawls.  We will then reposition them at 910 for the next service, add on at 1040 for the last service and clean up at noonish.  Any help we can get is welcome. 

No new names were added to our prayer list, but if you have one, send it to me and I will get it recorded.  I will be delivering one to my friend Cheryl Hood who just lost her father to cancer.  Loretta took one for someone in her church.  Send me details as I forgot to get them from you. 

Have a great week and please respond to any suggestions made in this email. 

You are a wonderful part of this ministry.  God bless you,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by "Wednesday's in the Parlor"

We love comments!

Blessings and "Bless Your Heart!" from everyone in the parlor!